We are Hiring a part-time Bioprinting Research Assistant !
INCUBATOR Art Lab is hiring a part-time Bioprinting Research Assistant! We are looking to fill this position ASAP. The successful candidate will be a MSc or PhD Student with previous experience operating a bioprinter.
Job Purpose: The bioprinting Research Assistant (part-time) is responsible for developing bioprinting protocols at INCUBATOR Art Lab in the School of Creative Arts. This job will be primarily conducted in-person on campus.
This job will include virtual and on campus duties. Applicants should live in the Windsor/Essex Region, and also have access to at home computing and internet services.
Responsible for developing 3D bioprinting and bioprinting with agar protocols in collaboration with Dr. Willet.
Responsible for training INCUBATOR Art Lab how to properly operate bioprinting equipment, and devising training handouts and online modules for protocols and printing.
Communicating via email, text or phone in a prompt manner via with INCUBATOR Art Lab Team Members.
Occasional attendance at INCUBATOR Art Lab team meetings.
Participation in INCUBATOR Art Lab social media documentation of bioprinting research.
Lab/ Workshop preparation:
Responsible for working with Lab Monitors and Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants to prepare INCUBATOR lab and INCUBATOR studios for hands on lab workshops and demonstrations and class projects.
Maintain inventory of bioprinting equipment.
Order new bioprinting supplies and equipment as required.
Responsible for maintenance and cleaning of bioprinting equipment / computers.
• Currently enrolled in MSc or PhD Degree program at UWindsor.
• Experience in the area of Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Environmental Sciences
• Experience with Bioprinting
• Experience and knowledge of WHMIS, Biosafety and Health & Safety rules and regulations
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft word, excel, and Creative Suite
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work duties
• Attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills to interact with a diverse community of faculty, staff & students
• Knowledge of art making, bioart or art/science practice
Starting in August or September 2023
The pay is 120 hours 26.00/hour
There is a possibility of securing additional hours as a Research Assistant through INCUBATOR Art Lab.
Application process: Deadline to apply September 8th, 2023 5:00 pm EST. Please include a cover letter; a resume; contact info for 2 professional references; and transcripts from your last degree. Submit your application to Domenica Mediati - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Dr. Jennifer Willet - email@example.com
Justin Elliott, School of Creative Arts, University of Windsor, 2019.